Q: I need a website for my company. Do I need to book a consultation first?
- If you purchase a Basic or a Standard website package, then face-to-face consultation is NOT included in the price. However, we are perfectly happy to discuss any issues about your website with you on the phone or via email, free of charge. You can send all your requirements, logos and/or images, and content text by email. If you prefer to talk to us face-to-face, we can arrange a meeting. We are willing to visit you if you are based in the North West. We charge for face-to-face consultations, please follow this link to the consultation rates.
- If you purchase an E-commerce or a Custom-built website, face-to-face consultation is included in the price, and we encourage you to have as many meetings with us as you feel necessary. With these larger projects it is vital that we know exactly what you want us to do, and that we can explain to you in full detail what functionalities are available.
Q: What are domain names, and why do I need one?
A: A domain name is a unique identification label, or name for your website. To put it simply, it is what you type in the web browser’s address bar, to go to a specific address. A domain name should be easily recognizable and ideally contain (part of) the name of your company. Domain names have extensions at the end, such as .com, .co.uk, .org and suchlike. So for instance, your company’s domain name could be
I can happen that a domain name you would like is already taken by somebody else out there. Therefore if you have some ideas what domain name you would like, we will submit it to a domain name checker to see if it’s still available. If not, we will help you come up with a different one.
A: The only allowed characters are letters, numbers, and the hyphen (-). Other symbols, such as underscore (_), spaces, exclamation mark (!) or ampersand symbol (&) are not permitted. Hyphens cannot be at the beginning of the domain name, or at the end, before the top-level domain name (.com, .co.uk and so on). There are other restrictions that apply to the use of top-level domain names (for example .co.uk), but we will help you with those.
A: It all depends on the scale of your project, and whether you would like any extra features as well. 4-page websites will usually go live within 4 weeks from the day your domain was purchased, and provided that you send us all the necessary material as soon as possible. 10-page websites would normally take approximately 8 weeks. E-commerce solutions need a lot more work, they would usually take at least 12 weeks to build. Please note that these time-frames are just estimates, and each project we do will have their own milestones and deadlines set out in a Service Agreement.
A: If you cannot provide any (or enough) images, but would still like to have some picture on your website, we can purchase some for you from a 3rd party Stock Image distributor company. These images will have a watermark on them, indicating that they need to be purchased before the website can go from pilot version to live. You will have plenty of time to review these pictures and make up your mind about purchasing them before your website is finished.
A: Like we promised, you can make as many changes and review your website as many times as you wish. You will need to send your change requirements via e-mail, to make sure that we know exactly what you want. We will store your change requirements for future reference as well. At the start of your project, we will present you with one (or depending on the project size, more) first draft design(s). You will have the opportunity to review the design or change it in any way as many times as you want. If we send you two or more designs to choose from, you will be asked to select one of them that you like best. Then you will still have opportunity to change any design features on it. If you are happy with the design and any changes that have been done to it, we will ask you to communicate this to us in writing. Please note that after this you can only change the following: content text, photos and videos.
Once you are happy with your website, we will set it live for you on the Internet. As our websites come with a built-in Content Management System (CMS system), you will later on be able to upload or change any text, photos or videos.
A: It means that if you are experiencing any technical difficulties with your website, for example you are unable to login, we will do our best to fix the problem as soon as possible. This service is free of charge. Please note however, that we cannot offer free technical support for the following:
- You have lost your password/user name.
- You would like us to upload changes to content text, photos or videos, after your website has been set to live. Bear in mind that it is your website and your CMS system, which is very easy and straightforward to use. We will explain to you how to use it, of course, both initially, and any time afterwards, if you need help.
- You would like further changes to be made to your website design or functionality.
The above are not part of the free lifetime technical support, but we are happy to help you with them, in return for a fee.
A: No. The website content that we write for you is yours alone. You have paid for it, therefore it belongs to you.
- If you purchase copy writing service combined with our Basic or Standard website package, then face-to-face consultation is NOT included in the price. If you prefer to talk to us face-to-face, we can arrange a consultation meeting, which is subject to a fee. Please follow this link to the consultation rates. But you can also send your requirements and any already existing material to us via email, and we can discuss everything on the phone: this form of consultation is free of charge.
- If you purchase copy writing service combined with our E-commerce or Custom-built website package, then face-to-face consultation is included in the price, and therefore we encourage you to use this chance to have as many consultations with us as you feel necessary.
back to top
A: You need to know that we are unable to produce website content out of no information. You will need to send us some material to work from. These might include:
- the services or products your business sells, their prices and short descriptions
- your opening hours (if relevant)
- your contact details
- any already existing slogens or key phrases (if relevant)
- or anything else that you would like to see in the content text.
A: Please note that this is only an estimate, and it all depends on the subject matter of the website, and the amount of research we need to do to write the content. 1 page of content is usually done in about 5-6 hours, so in case of a 4-page basic web package calculate with at least 3 working days.
A: You can purchase a website package with or without content writing (but we highly recommend you buy content writing as well!), or you can purchase our content writing service on its own, if you already have a website.